REQUEST FOR PAPERLESS COMMUNICATIONS
CONSUMER DISCLOSURES AND CONSENT
Please read this information carefully and print or download a copy for your files.
You may elect to receive paperless (electronic) statements and other Communications from The Bancorp Bank in connection with your deposit and/or loan Account(s). However, you must first review these disclosures and provide your affirmative consent to receiving information electronically.
In this document, “you” and “your” refer to the owner, joint owner, or authorized user of any Account(s). “We,” “us,” “our,” and “Bank” refer to The Bancorp Bank and any and all websites with banking services we provide (“Online Banking”). “Account” means any product or service that is offered by the Bank, owned or controlled by you, and is eligible for Communications. “Communications” means any legally-required disclosure, periodic statement, or associated authorization, disclosure, notice or other information that would accompany your Account’s periodic statement, including but not limited to information we are required by law to provide to you in writing.
This disclosure is being provided as required by the Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act (“E-SIGN Act”). Both you and we intend that the E-SIGN Act apply to the fullest extent possible to validate our ability to conduct business with you by electronic means. All Communications provided in electronic format from us to you will be considered “in writing.”
Electronic Delivery of Communications
By providing your consent, you agree that we may provide you with Communications in electronic format and that we may discontinue sending paper Communications to you unless and until you withdraw your consent as described below.
Your consent to receive electronic Communications applies to all eligible Accounts and will include the following types of Communications:
- All required legal and regulatory disclosures and communications associated with your Account(s) including e-statements, billing statements, or other periodic statements.
- Change-in-terms notices related to your Account(s) or associated payment feature or Bank responses to your claims or inquiries.
- Bank privacy notices.
- Tax reporting forms and information we are required to provide to you.
We may provide the above Communications electronically, if electronic delivery is available; otherwise we may send paper communications. If you do not wish to have any mail delivered to your physical address we have on record, you must contact us to place a “send no mail” flag on your Account(s).
For future reference, you should always consider printing or downloading copies of each of the Communications described above.
How to Access Electronic Communications
Communications will be provided in at least one of the following ways:
- By e-mail; or
- By access to a website that we will identify in an e-mail notice we send to you when the information is available; or
- To the extent permissible by law, by access to a website that we identify in advance for such purpose.
Hardware and Software Requirements
In order to access, view, and retain electronic Communications, you must have:
- Access to a device, such as a personal computer, smartphone, mobile device, tablet, etc., suitable for connecting to the Internet or downloading our mobile apps with the Current Version (as defined below) of (i) an operating system such as Windows, Mac OS, iOS, or Android; and (ii) a web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari, or Firefox, that we support.
- A connection to the Internet.
- Software that allows you to open, read, save and/or print a portable document format (PDF) file. Click here to ensure you can view a sample periodic statement via PDF. If you are unable to access the document, you will need to take steps to install appropriate software.
- Sufficient electronic storage capacity on your computer’s hard drive or other data storage unit to retain copies of Communications and/or a printer to print them.
- A valid and active email account and software to access it.
- Cookies enabled to access our secure site.
If our hardware or software requirements change, and such change would create a material risk that you would not be able to access or retain electronic Communications, we will give you notice of the revised hardware or software requirements. Continuing to use this service after receiving notice of such change operates as reaffirmation of your consent.
How to Withdraw Your Consent
You may withdraw your consent to receive electronic Communications for any Account(s) at any time by changing your preferences within Online Banking. Or, you may notify the Bank in writing of your decision to do so. Your written notification should be sent to: Customer Service, 409 Silverside Road, Suite 105, Wilmington, DE 19809. At our option, we may treat an invalid e-mail address, or the subsequent malfunction of a previously valid e-mail address, as a withdrawal of your consent to receive electronic Communications. We will not impose any fees to process the withdrawal of your consent to receive electronic Communications. Any withdrawal of your consent to receive electronic Communications will be effective only after we have a reasonable period of time of up to 30 days to process your request, at which time Communications will begin to be sent by standard U.S. Postal Service delivery to the address we have on file for you. If you withdraw your consent, the legal validity and enforceability of prior Communications delivered in electronic form will not be affected.
How to Update your Contact Information
It is your responsibility to provide us with an accurate, current and complete e-mail address, as well as other contact and personal information related to your Account(s). Promptly notify the Bank of any changes to such information. You may update your e-mail address within Online Banking, or you may contact us by phone at 800.545.0289, fax 302.791.5788 or by mail to the attention of Customer Service:
409 Silverside Road, Suite 105
Wilmington, DE 19809
How to Request Paper Communications
You can obtain a paper copy of any electronic Communications by printing it yourself or by contacting us and requesting that we mail you a paper copy. You can contact us by phone, fax, email or by postal mail to make this request. For deposit accounts, we may charge you a reasonable fee, in accordance with our Schedule of Fees, for providing you with a duplicate paper copy of a periodic bank statement (Statement Copy Fee). There is no charge for a duplicate paper copy of a periodic bank statements for loan accounts. We reserve the right, but assume no obligation, to provide a paper copy of any Communications that you have authorized us to provide electronically.
Termination or Changes
We reserve the right, at our discretion, to suspend or discontinue providing you with electronic Communications and substituting paper Communications as appropriate. We also reserve the right to change the terms and conditions on which we provide electronic Communications. We will provide you with notice of any such termination or change as required by law.